Minutes and agenda archive
December 2, 2009
Members Present: M. Austin, J. Bock, L. Cox, E. Dunleavy, J. Griffith, B. Lowe, K. Maiden, C. Moore, E. Moore, F. Phillips, D. Pratt, V. Smith, A. Wayt and A. Wright. Also present was C. Schott, Administrator.
Minutes of October 7, 2009: A clarification of the October 7 minutes was requested regarding E. Dunleavy's proposal that these and future Minutes include the Treasurer's Report, "both on the website and when they are circulated in any other fashion, as a means of increasing transparency of Board activities." According to the Minutes of August 12, 2009, "E. Moore moved that the August 12 Minutes be approved as corrected by the addition of the complete Treasurer's Report." A motion that the word "approved" be changed to "accepted" was made by B. Lowe, and seconded by E. Moore. Motion to approve October Minutes as amended was unanimously accepted on a motion made by M. Austin and seconded by J. Bock.
Minutes of October 28, 2009: Motion by E. Moore, second by V. Smith to approve the October 28, 2009 minutes as submitted. Unanimously carried.
Treasurer's Report: Attached. J. Bock, new treasurer, reported. (J. Bock will provide a summary.) Treasurer's Report was unanimously accepted on a motion by A. Wayt and seconded by C. Moore.
Museum Update: V. Smith reported. A display of antique doll houses from the collection of Bonnie Bruner was set up in Entler Hotel's sitting rooms for Christmas in Shepherdstown.
1. C. Schott, Administrator, read a resolution conferring the right to sign checks for funds at Jefferson Security Bank and in the Edward Jones money market account by officers of the HSC Board.. These were check signing resolutions with a new treasurer, J. Bock. A motion to accept the resolution was unanimous on a motion by E. Moore and a second by V. Smith.
2. A December 15 Executive Meeting has been scheduled at 7:30 in Cindy's office.
1. The Holiday Social is scheduled for 12/11/09 and invitations have been distributed. ( A sign-up sheet for beverage and food contributions was passed among the board members present.)
2. It was reported that the Entler lease for the Visitor Center has been presented to the Town Council, with the caveat that should the Entler lease, up for renewal with the city, not be granted, the Visitor Center lease would become null and void. The Town Council wants to wait to renew the Entler lease until the audit is done. Administrator C. Schott commented that such action is a basic good practice of non-profits.
1. A letter to members went out this month as well as an invitation to the December Social.
2. Jay Latimer will start Entler repairs in December, weather permitting.
3. Thanks to all board members for all you've done for Historic Shepherdstown during this year.
J. Griffith adjourned at 8:39 p. m.
|Historic Shepherdstown Commission | P.O. Box 1786 | 129 E. German St. | Shepherdstown, WV 25443 | 304.876.0910 | firstname.lastname@example.org|