Minutes and agenda archive
Board Meeting - Agenda
October 7, 2009
Purpose: The purposes of the Historic Shepherdstown Commission are:
- To promote a greater and better Shepherdstown and a wider recognition of the assets which make it such a desirable community in which to live.
- To provide stewardship of the landmark Entler Hotel.
- To preserve Shepherdstown’s heritage from more than two centuries, its ancient landmarks, and a record of the varied contributions of its outstanding men and women through the Historic Shepherdstown Museum.
- To possess, by gift or purchase, artifacts and properties of historic value.
- Approval of Minutes from the August 12, 2009 HSC Board Meeting.
- Approval of Minutes from the September 16, 2009 Special Board Meeting.
- Museum Update
- Need for Docents in October
- Docent/Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon-Volunteer to organize, invitations etc. Saturday, November 14, 2009 – Bavarian Inn
- New Business:
- Decision on a November Board Meeting
- Christmas in Shepherdstown – Kathy Maiden
- Holiday Social – December 11, 2009 – Volunteer to organize, invitations etc. – Ann Wayt
- Appointment of board member to Visitor Center Board
- Presentation of slate of Officers – Carl Moore
- Election of Officers